Friday 19 March 2010

How many People does it take to read a name tag?

Surely only one, I hear you say. Apparently not.

Yesterday morning I was out in the park after a fun night's exploring, waiting for someone to phone my People to come and collect me. A lady with a dog walked past so I meowed and began to follow them, as per usual. The lady looked like she was going to do the honours but said something about not wanting to get too close to me to read my name tag in case her dog attacked me (I would like to have seen it try - the phrase 'attack dog' didn't exactly spring to mind. I could have taken him in a fight, no question).

So we all stood around making pleasantries and waiting for another (dogless) Person to walk past. The next man to arrive declined to help because he was scared of cats (!) and then a lady walked past who wanted to help but didn't have her glasses so couldn't read my tag. I was wondering if now was the time to mention that we were in fact standing about 100 yards from my house and that it probably would have been easier for me to just walk home, but it seemed a shame to spoil their fun.

Finally someone came past in possession of perfect eyesight, and without either canine companion or cat phobia, who read my tag and told the dog lady my People's phone number. When the lady phoned I heard her say was worried about my odd behaviour and thought I might be lost and disorientated. I'm fairly certain I heard laughter coming from the phone at this point.

Anway, job done, my Person arrived to carry me home and I ate breakfast and slept for 7 hours straight, before heading over to the Gibraltar Castle. But that's another entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment